The minutes record the transactions of a meeting. The minutes of a meeting should record the transactions and not the individual interpretations of the person maintaining the minute.
While there are no specifications of how the minutes could be recorded, a minute typically includes:
- Attendance of meeting
- Who made motions
- Agenda of motions
- Motions passed and failed
- Record of vote
The minutes of a meeting should be widely circulated to the board members and made accessible to the staff, volunteers, press and the public in general.
Download sample minutes of nonprofit meeting
People who read this, also read:
- Nonprofit organization: conducting the first meeting
- Process for conducting non-profit board meeting.
- Sample notice of nonprofit meeting
- Nonprofit board resolution: with sample
If you are planning to explore the development sector or want to start a nonprofit organization, we recommend:
"Step by Step Nonprofit for Newbies" - A complete nonprofit reference handbook.
Find our more