Agenda for the first meeting of a nonprofit organization
- To appoint the initial board
(see: state wise minimum required directors)
- To elect officers.
(see: state wise minimum required officer)
- To adopt the organization bylaws (if not already adopted)
- To approve to put up application for federal and/or state tax exemptions
- To approve opening of bank account subject to receipt of the E.I.N
- To adopt board manual/conflict of interest/code of conduct and other policies.
- To appoint committees and to assign roles to each committee
- Any other agenda, if desired.
People who read this, also read:
- Process for conducting non-profit board meeting.
- Sample Notice of nonprofit meeting.
- Sample minutes of a nonprofit board meeting
- Nonprofit board resolution: with sample
If you are planning to explore the development sector or want to start a nonprofit organization, we recommend:
"Step by Step Nonprofit for Newbies" - A complete nonprofit reference handbook.
Find our more